EMBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accomodation

4 posters

Go down

Accomodation Empty Accomodation

Post  meerkeks Wed 21 Jul 2010, 23:20

I suppose I'm not the only one who got mails from the next cohort asking about housing in Faro?
Maybe we can pool the information?
And/or relieve everybody's mailboxes of repeated answers.
Something like that?
meerkeks
meerkeks

Back to top Go down

Accomodation Empty Re: Accomodation

Post  Cassie Fri 06 Aug 2010, 16:04

Some compilations from my previous replies:

"Actually, I can't give you the idea of renting house in the beach because I live in the university residence and there are no EMBC students from our cohort that live near the beach. In my opinion, it's better to rent a house in the city center because it's close to everywhere (bars, markets, parks, shops, library, etc), while if you live in the beach you'll be a bit secluded and it can be quiet cold in the winter (it's very... very... windy). The good point is you can easily go to the beach (of course!). The price for renting a house is ranging from 150-250 euro per month."

"I don't think it'll be hard to find an accomodation in Faro. You can ask people in the mobility office and they can help you to find contacts and call them (of course in Portuguese)."

"I live in university residence and for me it's quiet comfortable and really cheap (only 115 euro per months). So, if you don't mind to share a room with other student (2 persons in a room) and live with another 11 girls in one floor and basically share everything (shower rooms, toilets, kitchen), maybe, it can be your choice."

Hope it helps. Other info? Smile

Cassie

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Tue 10 Aug 2010, 13:41

If anyone is still looking, I have a friend renting out a 3 bedroom apartment. The apartments are 270 euros each and there is already an internet connection. Here are the details:

"The apartment is a 3 bedroom unit, with 2 larger rooms with spacious terrace with panoramic views plus sharing one bathroom with bathtub and a smaller room with ensuite bathroom/shower."

It is located at the intersection of Rua Ataide Oliveira and Avenida 5 de Outubro.

Send me an email (greg@respectnature.com) if you would like Michael's contact information. His english is very good. I have pictures too. I will not act as a messenger.

Greg

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Tue 14 Sep 2010, 18:09

Hi guys,

so me and my spanish friend Elena have found a cute portuguese house right in the center of Faro with 5 rooms, 3 bathrooms and a huge roof top terrace! The price is 180/month including electricity and water. And the best thing its a 1min walk from the best bar in Faro! We've been here for 2 weeks and searched a lot and were quite dissapointed so far. Most houses don't have ac, are very old and the landlords are a bit strange (some only want girls, no visitors etc).

If anyone is still looking for a place and is interested to share with 4 people just reply to this post or write me to: l.stolti@yahoo.com

Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum